Preparation time: approx. 1 hour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 size 15 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 can Campbell’s cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, chopped (about 1-1/4 cups)
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown
chicken pieces on both sides, about 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Remove chicken to a platter and drain all but 2 tablespoons liquid
3. In a small bowl, whisk together soup, milk, lemon juice, thyme, bay
leaf, salt, and pepper.
4. Reheat pan drippings over medium-high heat and add onions and
carrots; sauté 3 to 4 minutes, or until onions are soft.
5. Return chicken to skillet; pour soup mixture over chicken, and
cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 30 minutes, or until
chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove bay leaf
Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
You can substitute diced chicken breast and panfry chicken till cooked, and then continue with recipe. You will not need to simmer for the 30 minutes as instructed 10 to 15 minutes should be enough to develop the flavours.