- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ½ cup milk, approx.
1. Combine butter, sugar, golden syrup and water in large pan, stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Bring to the boil, add dumplings to syrup in a single layer, cover, return to the boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until dumplings are well risen and cooked through.
1. Sift flour into bowl, rub in butter, and add golden syrup and enough of the milk to mix to soft dough.
2. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls with floured hands.
These are delicious served with icecream, or custard.
Left-overs (if there are any) don’t keep very well, and go hard, so make just what you need with this recipe.